Podcast episode 106 is available by clicking below. It is also available on iTunes, Pocket Cast, and Spotify under the travel architect.
In this pre-Thanksgiving episode, we talk turkey, but not exclusively—there’s too much else going on for that. In fact, this episode is a lot like a Thanksgiving feast: there’s a little bit of everything and you might feel some indigestion after consuming it. We talk sardines, the length of the Great Wall of China, a travel writing career, Global Entry realities, credit card perks, Christmas letters, the NATO alphabet, and where we should go in 2025. Oh, and somewhere in there the husband inflicts a World Cup Travel Quiz on me. Happy Turkey Day to all the Americans listening and to everyone else because . . . why not?
Previous blog posts referenced or hinted at in this episode:
- Is a Viking® River Cruise Right For You?
- Are You a Cabin Person?
- The Christmas Letter: A Strange American Holiday Tradition?
- Plan B Travels: In the Dumps in Fairplay, Colorado
- Clearly I’ll Do Anything for a Post: The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
- Sonoran Sojourn: Bikepacking in Arizona’s Sky Islands (a blog takeover by the husband)
- Pre-Departure Reading
- Should This Thanksgiving Tradition Be Banned?
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Travelers, Episode 4: The Most Beautiful Place I’ve Ever Hated
- Delayed Gratification: Travel Trailer 2.0
- Dear Nebraska, We Need to Talk . . .