Podcast episode 85 is available by clicking below. It is also available on iTunes, Pocket Cast, and Spotify under the travel architect.
I manage to find a travel joke that’s only somewhat lame, but the national day is poised to become my favorite if I can just get my mother to celebrate it. The husband’s love of classic horror stories prompted this week’s Travel Quiz theme, and I didn’t do too badly considering I’ve never read/seen any of the books/movies. After that we devote a little time to bashing Delta® Airlines, which almost gave us a heart attack last weekend when it messed with our flights. Again. I then enlighten the husband on some recent scientific findings out of White Sands National Park that have drastically changed science’s view about how long we folks have been ’round these parts. Next, I reveal my list of potential Phoenix activities and find out whether the husband wants to love ’em or leave ’em. And finally, we discuss and dissect some of the Discoverer Travel Blog’s recent “10 best this” and “5 best that” lists.*
*The brief dispute about the Swiss/Italian UNESCO train name you’re about to hear has been settled. I won. It’s “Bernina.” Excuse me while I go prepare some crow for the husband to eat.
Previous blog posts referenced or hinted at in this episode:
- White Sands? No. White Gypsum.
- Not as Advertised: Bikepacking the San Rafael Swell in Utah.
- A Photo Journey: Climbing Angels’ Landing in Utah
- Clearly, I’ll Do Anything for a Post: Visiting the Spam® Museum
- Palm Spring Spring Break, Part 3: Relaxation & Rejuvenation in Civilization
- An Ode to Quirky Leadville, Colorado
- Travel: Long-n-Strong or Short-n-Sweet?