Podcast episode 79 is available by clicking below. It is also available on iTunes, Pocket Cast, and Spotify under the travel architect.
After another joke that pays homage to our upcoming travel, I eschew a national day in favor of a few clashing national month celebrations that, if engaged in, will make your bathroom scale go haywire. The Travel Quiz was short, sweet, and fun, but don’t be misled—I still got a low score. Bucket list destinations from Montana to New Jersey are dissected, evaluated, and judged. We then look at some of the obstacles one faces when one tries to cycle up high mountain roads in June, reflect on what happens when one doesn’t properly train for high altitude athletic pursuits, and debate whether the husband really will stop in Omaha for some museum-hopping on his way home. Finally, we look at a handful of winery recommendations given by oenophilic neighbors before learning that the husband is looking to revive his ELC podcast over summer break.
Previous blog posts referenced or hinted at in this episode:
- UK Road Trip, Part 4: Ludlow & the Shropshire Hills AONB
- An Ode to Quirky Leadville, Colorado
- The Dust-Farm-Pail List
- Climbing 14ers: The 3rd Mountain’s the Charm . . . Sort Of
- Scree & Talus & Boulders, Oh My! Climbing Colorado’s Mt. Sneffels
- Plan B Travels: Wrapping It Up In Estes Park, Colorado
- Long Live Spontaneity: Death Valley National Park
- Bobbie the Travel Trailer: An Adoption Story
- Dueling Adventures: Bikepacking in Utah vs. Staycation