The Travel Architect & The Husband Team Up to Talk About Travel (Mostly)
Podcast episode 68 is available by clicking below. It is also available on iTunes, Pocket Cast, and Spotify under the travel architect.
Brace yourself for a mini-monologue about our planetary neighbors before we even get to the joke and national day. The husband presents a Travel Quiz that looks at average June temps—both highs and lows—for several US travel destinations that may be of interest as we all start to dream of the possibility of summer travel. The bucket list book activity elicits some tension in the Travel Architect studios, which is surprising because it’s about a fairly noncontentious topic: family genealogy. We gush a little bit about the Solgaard® Check-In Closet suitcase, which remains unused but sits in the basement waiting to be packed (picture below). If you tend to fly Delta® (and even if you don’t), I share several airline updates. We close with a look at a Palm Springs attraction that has reopened with new COVID-era safety measures and discuss whether those measures are enough to get us spinning up the mountainside . . .
Previous blog posts referenced or hinted at in this episode:
- British by Marriage, or What It’s Like Having an English Expat Husband
- Petsitting—My Latest Obsession and a New Way to Travel?
- Another Fun Petsit: Beaver Creek, Colorado
- Not As Advertised: Bikepacking the San Rafael Swell in Utah
- San Antonio, Texas: The Riverwalk & Beyond
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Travelers, Episode 6: A Compendium of Childhood Travel Follies
- UK Road Trip, Part 5: London
- COVID Sucks The Joy Out of Travel Planning