Podcast episode 89 is available by clicking below. It is also available on iTunes, Pocket Cast, and Spotify under the travel architect.
We start off in a Christmassy way here at the Travel Architect Studios, gifting you both a Santa-centered joke as well as a Christmas Day challenge (or cha_ _ enge) so you can bring extra cheer to your holiday gathering. (At one point, the husband promises a Christmas ELC, but we all know what happened when he promised a Thanksgiving ELC, so I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions.) The husband focuses the Travel Quiz on Formula One countries, and I quiz him back on popular British expat countries (if you want to play along, resist looking at the map below). We dissect and debate the Discoverer Blog’s list of travel planning mistakes and then bemoan all the ways our upcoming trip to England has been stressfully impacted by the new Omicron-fueled travel restrictions imposed on both sides of the pond. We end with some travel chat that foreshadows an upcoming blog post. Merry Christmas everyone! See you in the new year!
Previous blog posts referenced or hinted at in this episode:
- Travel & Travel Planning Mistakes: I Made Them So You Don’t Have To, Part 1
- Travel & Travel Planning Mistakes: I Made Them So You Don’t Have To, Part 2
- Not As Advertised: Bike-Packing the San Rafael Swell in Utah
- Thoughts on Air Travel
- Southeast Asia to Midwest America Jet Lag: What Fresh Hell Is This?
- Prepping for Travel: Learning Welsh
- Things I Learned From My Travel Agent
- Laos, Day 4+: Hiking, Remote Villages, and One Really Bad Indian Meal
- Nervous But Committed: Why I’m Traveling Abroad During the Pandemic